Tuesday 27 August 2013

#TantalizingTuesdays... Flash fiction... The Shoes



The shoes






They say shoes can change your life.
Geraldine didn't know if that was true or not, but she had to try.
She looked at them from every angle. Ordinary…well ordinary-ish. Silver, glittery, high, oh so high, and calling to her.
You said you wanted to fly. You're ready to come to me. It's time.
 Slowly, almost without breathing, she slipped her feet into them and stood for a second, to get her balance.
His voice surrounded her. Soft as a summer breeze, enticing as a the scent of spring flowers, it called to her, helped her walk toward…
Look down love. Look down and believe.
She did as she was told.
The tiny wings unfurled from each shoe and she rose into the upward, as graceful as any dancer.
The air danced and rainbows shimmered as she flew.
"I'm coming."
Ahead of her the sky darkened, but she wasn't scared. It welcomed her, welcomed her home and to where he was waiting.
It was their time.
Lightening split the sky, and those tiny wings beat ever faster.
Hurry, hurry love, get here to me. Let's show them who we are.
The lightening hit her and she screamed.
"I will succeed…I…"






All the other flashes cn be found here...

http://tantalizingtuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/27-august-2013.html?zx=4e23ea6d841b4990

Happy Reading,

Love, R x


11 comments:

  1. OMG Where did she go? Does she get there!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! You're an awesome writer, Raven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous flash, but, oh you tease!! You cannot leave it there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thsnk you all...but i HAVE left it there....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very sad. I didn't expect lightning to strike. But maybe it took her to him. Well thought and written. I loved every word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great flash piece. I like the urgency involved. And look at those shoes!
    ~Decadent
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tease actually gave me gooseflesh!!! I kid you NOT!! This was a sole-full teaser and I just loved it. The very first time I was "lost" as a child, my Mother walked to the closest shoe store and found me. It has been a love affair ever since, and you gave that love a jolt. I loved this tearse, just loved it:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always surprising, always tantalizingly descriptive. You have a glorious imagination, Raven. Keep exercising it. Those shoes - seriously, mental.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always surprising, always tantalizingly descriptive. You have a glorious imagination, Raven. Keep exercising it. Those shoes - seriously, mental.

    ReplyDelete