Saturday 3 August 2013

Read and Like Saturday, with Tina Hart


Please welcome Tina to Raven's Ramblings on this wet (in Scotland) Read and like Saturday. It's sure to brighten your day





She's giving us the inside info on herself...

Hi Tina, settle dowm grab a cookie and lets start the interro...er let's chat.


where do you hail from?
The UK – originally born and raised in a rural part of Surrey and after moving around the country a bit, I have now lived on the beautiful Isle of Wight for over 11 years.

Now lets play what's your favorite food?
Cheese – any kind of cheese be it soft, hard, blue, smelly or runny - I could eat it all the time.  Oh and coffee – is that a food? I can’t imagine life without them.

one you hate why?
I suffer from a lot of food allergies so I’m rather limited to what I can eat so I really can’t afford to be that fussy but if I had to pick something it would be broad beans – to me they taste of plasticine.

favorite place you've visited or lived?
France – I’ve spent a lot of holidays there over the years.  It has fantastic beaches, wonderful scenery, incredible castles that just beg you to wander around them and let your imagination run free and magical chateaux that make you feel as if you have stepped into a Disney movie.  Oh and of course the huge variety Cheese available there!  Have to say though the Isle of Wight is a close second though – not so many castles but most of the other stuff – including some wonderful Island produced cheese and the world famous Garlic festival.  Garlic beer or garlic ice cream anyone?

If you could do one thing you've never ever done in your life but now you have the chance, what is it?
Go to Australia and meet the family my birth father went on to have after he moved there.  I only found out about 5 years ago that they existed although they had grown up knowing about me.  Unfortunately my father had passed a way a few months before so I never got the chance to speak to him, let alone actually meet him, but I chat via Facebook with my half-sister and half-brother quite often and through them other members of the wider family but to meet them face to face is my dream.

What's your favorite genre to read?
That’s a tricky one.  I love so many different types and read them depending on my mood.  I suppose right now its predominantly romantic/erotic fiction and I’ve been reading some of the numerous sub-genres that fall into it and loving them all.

what makes it special for you?
To me a book is like a friendship.  When you first purchase it, it’s like meeting a stranger -  an unknown quantity.  As you begin to read and meet the characters in it and get involved in their lives, you have the opportunity to create a mental imagine of them and as you carry on through you share the ups and downs of their lives, as you would with a friend you speak to often, sharing their triumphs and their sadness.  A book that I have really enjoyed will be repeatedly re-read and always feel like I am spending quality time catching up with old friends and I will instantly look to see what others the Author has written and usually end up buying them as well (please don’t tell my husband that though!) Oh and the “hotter” they are the better J

Is there any type of story you don't like reading?
Horror stories, the really scary Stephen King type stuff.  I have such a vivid imagination that I end up with horrific nightmares if I read that type of story.  Oh and my total pet hate is anything that is badly written or contains far too many errors whether they are typographical, inconsistencies in the actual storyline or just total drivel that is so bad you wonder if it was produced by a dyslexic chimp after a few too many beers.

tell us one book you think we should all read why?
Oh heck that’s a really tough question.  Because I love so many different genres I have favourites in all of them. So if you don’t mind I’ll pick a few J

If I want some sci-fi/fantasy then any of the Dragons of Pern books by Anne McCaffrey
If I’m in the mood for some laugh out loud fantasy then any of the Discworld books by Sir Terry Pratchett that contain the Witches or Commander Vimes
If my tastes are running to more adult reading then Melt into You by Roni Loren. I think this is one of the best BDSM/Menage books I’ve ever read (with 2 really hunky male Doms!) Although all of her books are really worth reading if you’ve never read her and are her Doms are heart-meltingly yummy!
And finally one that I read only recently and thought was wonderful.  It portrayed a more believable scenario of what it can be like to live in a BDSM relationship when the couple have different views/ideas on how their personal lives ties in with their lifestyle choices and how they overcome these problems.  That book is Master by Raven McAllan.

do you prefer hard back paper back or ereader?
I love books and really don’t mind how they come.  Our home is totally overwhelmed by them, hard backs brought because I couldn’t wait for the paper back to come out, paper backs because it wasn’t published in hard back first or is something I spotted in the book shop and took a fancy to.  But recently my ereader has become my best friend.  In the 3 or so months I’ve had it I have already amassed over 230 books on it – and only 12 of those are still in my “to be read” folder!

I am such a voracious reader that I can get through 2 – 3 full length books a day!  Hence my earlier comment – don’t tell my husband!

We promise not to tell your husband, unless he reads it here of course! Thanks so much for dropping in and sharing with us.

2 comments:

  1. Great interview!

    Wow you really read that many books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the interview too. It's great to lift the veil and find out a little more about people and you were a terrific interviewee.

    ReplyDelete