Wednesday 14 August 2013

Kastil is with me today...And The Romance Novel Book Club..


Love the cover...




I remember starting this novel. Something just clicked in me as I read some cliché romance novels—not from my preferred authors—and just wondered if an independent woman could actually find her Prince among Neanderthals. Truth is, I've seen plenty of strong women not see the forest for the trees. Or perhaps they have a switch in their head that dropps their IQ when a knuckle dragger grunts past. Either way, Patricia was born out of particularly curmudgeon-y week and, really, I wanted to have fun writing a novel. So much of my work to that point was serious to the point of near depression. Wasn't it time for my characters to find that happy place?
Patricia panics, trips, and stumbles through her love life. In her professional dealings, she's cool as a cucumber but that cute waiter at her favorite restaurant has her tongue stumbling in a stuttered mess. Sex isn't an issue for her but intimacy? That's reserved for The Black Room where a mask hides her identity and she can let her inhibitions fly away. How will she ever get over her one stumbling block—herself—and grab the bull by the horns…or Matt by his tight little ass?

BLURB: From the legendary times of the Victorian Age to the rugged reaches of outer space, the romance novels have done nothing to spark Patricia’s want and hope of finding that one special man to call her own. She’s knee deep into her thirties, near depression, and drowning her sorrows in pints of premium ice cream. When she falls for a waiter named Matt in her favorite restaurant, her insecurities do their best to thwart her plans of true love. It isn’t until she picks up one last romance novel that she realizes life cannot be lived within the ink splattered pages of an author’s fantasies. She has one chance to set her life straight and snatch the one man who gets her: mind and body.
Will Patricia take it?
Purchase Links:
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance ebooks | Bookstrand


Saucy Excerpt: Every step forward was laced with hesitation. The pretentiousness of the whole place harkened back to a person’s shoe I no longer fit into. The Black Room was so seven years ago. I should have never returned the last time.
As I turned heel to leave, someone tapped on my shoulder. Crap.
“Room five, dear. Your entertainment has paid for it.” The man’s grin and sparkling eyes couldn’t be dismissed with my mad dash to leave. I smiled and nodded, the butterflies deciding to trash and mosh instead of ballroom dance in my belly.
The distinct buzzing of the door locking from the outside deflated my chances of escape. Yes, I feared the mortified gazes of the other masked sexual fiends on the other side if I left the room early. I’d be the girl at the prom with the big white-headed zit on her forehead being voted prom queen.
Green lights, giving off enough light for me to see the outline of the bed, lined the ceiling. Just as I remembered it. I dove back into the mentality I had eight years ago and sat on the bed. My first Black Room experience with Tall One was in here.
“Hello, York.” A gravely voice whispered in my ear. “It’s been a long time. I thought I’d never see you in here again.”
I tried to hide my surprise. That someone had prowled this old haunt for me? I didn’t know whether to be flattered or call the stalker police.
“I’ve been a busy girl.” I responded. His hands smoothed over my shoulders, almost possessive. His lips tickled my nape. I shivered, despite myself. My mysterious lover remembered all my hot spots, even keeping his strong hands away from zooming straight to my breasts.
“You remembered.” I breathed as he curled his arms around my waist.
“I’ll never forget you.”
I chuckled before a purr left my lips. “It was a few nights of bliss, Tall One.”
“Let’s make it more.” His fingers inched to the hem of my dress. “Safe word.”
“Payday.” I breathed. My little black dress glided off. With nothing underneath to impede my darkroom lover, he stretched me out on the bed. Moisture pooled between my legs. How could I ever forget Tall One? In his arms, I always found happiness without the heartache afterwards.
My mind numbed as he guided my arms above my head. That tickle of silk-covered handcuffs snapped around my wrists. No backing out now. I was Tall One’s toy for the evening. His soft voice, low and intoxicating, whispered in my ear.
“Slow or fast?”
“Slow,” I said. Fast and furious was best left to the movies. I needed Tall One to give me the fantasy I craved in the romance novels. One blissful moment to remember. A night to forget the odd pain in my heart for giving up so quickly on Matt left.
Tall One’s kisses left a searing imprint on my flesh. Not one sensual pucker touched the usual sexual spots. His palms caressed my sides and continued up my arms. His mouth met mine. I stilled. Tall One had never kissed me before.
My complete trust in someone who I had a tumble in the dark with astounded me. Never mind the background checks exclusive members went through or the infrequency as of late that I used the little hot spot to rock my world. What did Tall One offer to make me surrender? Guilt for not giving Matt a second chance welled up, and I hardened the kiss.
My rolling tongue commanded my lover to continue his tease of the flesh. His palm brushed against my nipple. The cuffs clanked on the metal rail of the headboard as I bucked at the erotic touch.
“What happened to slow, York?”
My breath hitched, and I moaned out a sigh as he caressed both of my breasts. No words formed in my throat. The wetness of his tongue lavished each tightening peak. If I hadn’t left a tell-tale damp spot on the sheets at that point, I’d be shocked. Electricity fueled his every tug on my areolas. My body writhed beneath his commanding hold.
BIO:
Kastil is the humble servant of two rescue kitties. Her son claims if she gets one more cat, only then can she officially be called a crazy cat lady. When not catering to the whims of her fur babies, she whips her trusty laptop with her fingers. Pittsburgh is her hometown, and thus her veins flow with black and gold. She finds pleasure in writing anything from fantasy to romance-which sometimes parallel each other.
Find her on Goodreads, Amazon, and on her blog The Eclectic Zaftig Chick.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I like the look of this one!

    And I agree the cover is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Raven. :)

    ReplyDelete