Saturday 7 September 2013

Read and Like Saturday, with the fantastic Lee Brazil :)






Hi. Lee pull up a chair, tequila and coffee on the table....


I Read and I Like Saturday

Good morning! Thanks for inviting me over. I’m Lee Brazil, author of mm romance for Breathless Press, Silver Publishing, Evernight and Total E Bound. *sips coffee* I’m a lover of books and music and the sun. Raven has invited me to talk about what types of books I like to read, and I have to say that it's quite a broad range of material.
I enjoy mysteries, biographies, historical epics, fantasies, classics and adventures… There are very few books I've picked up that I didn't like. I attribute this to growing up with only three television channels. Seriously. WE lived out in the country, far from libraries and theaters and easy access entertainment. AT times, there really was nothing on television to watch. At those times, picking up a book and sticking to it, no matter how hard the words were to read, was the best way to pass the time.
Eventually I ran out of the "fun" "easy" "kid" books, and started reading the others that were around our house out of sheer desperation.
Which isn't at all where I find myself today. This week I’m reading a mix up of mm romances – because I love a HEA and some old fashioned adventure stories by Clive Cussler. Somehow I missed reading them back when and since I watched the movie Sahara the other day I've been curious.
As for mm romance, I'm currently reading the latest Cardeno C book, Strong Enough. I love the way this author writes in such a fluid, gentle fashion. There is never any doubt in my mind that the emotion behind the characters actions and words is genuine.

Strong Enough : A Book in the Family Series
When twenty-two-year-old Emilio Sanchez sees handsome Spencer Derdinger walking by his construction site, Emilio makes it his goal to seduce the shy professor. Getting Spencer into bed isn’t difficult, but Emilio soon learns that earning the trust of a man deeply hurt will take time and patience. With a prize like brilliant, sweet Spencer on the line, Emilio decides he is strong enough to face the challenge.
Spencer is surprised when he’s approached by the gorgeous construction worker he’s admired from the safety of his office window. Acting spontaneously for the first time in his thirty-eight years, Spencer takes Emilio home. When the casual hookup turns into the potential for love, Spencer realizes that if he wants to build a life with Emilio, he’ll need to be strong enough to slay his personal demons and learn to trust again.


No comments:

Post a Comment