Friday 7 August 2015

Friday... thoughts on unicorns, double entendres, Regency rakes, Errol Flynn (yes really) and sashes...


Amongst other things...

yeah, a mish-mash, but hey it's Friday and I have a book out, (will do a wee squee! later)

I'm sure I'm punch drunk, because I swear I thought I saw a unicorn go past the house and into the forest. Mind you, it was 5am and I had been doing blog posts, and was by this point, shattered. But who'da thunk it eh? I know we have fairies and pixies and kelpies, but unicorns? I'll keep my eyes open next time I go for a walk.



(Source, pinterest)

And no I hadn't imbibed, unless you count coffee...lots of coffee...

Anyway, unicorns and creatures of the area apart, I've had Errol Flynn on my mind as well. You know, the swashbuckling hero of OTT mid 20th century movies. Actually, no you probably don't know, and sadly I couldn't find a copyright free picture of him to put on here. Go google him and you'll get the idea. You can just see him swash and buckling all over the place, rescuing virgins, relieving them of their virginity, and of course saving the day... whatever that was.

He was I guess one of my mum's era heartthrobs, but boy could he carry the rake, rogue and robber, gypsy, smuggler or pirate role off to perfection.

And he wore...

Sashes. 

You know, all silky and wrapped around his waist to shove his sword (and ahem in his case I do believe that is a perfect euphemism, into. *drool*

I don't know what it is about a billowing shirt, tight breeches, and a sash that makes me go week at the knees, but oh... my...

Just like a regency rake. Almost dressed the same but without the sash. His sword can be 'seen'  *Double swoon*

...and that brings me to the yeah... double entendres... Sword, staff and rod... Pistol, arrow, shaft. Do you sense a theme here? All very manly pursuits, for, ahem, hard men. Well I guess no one would want to admit to calling their cock, 'Felicity' or needlework. mind you in some cases.... *snigger*

And finally... Shhh Don't breath that sigh of relief so loudly...

My latest Regency Rakes...



Theo in Compromised who wants Mijo, and Nathaniel in Lord Suitor... oh and the smuggler... *wink* oh my.... the smuggler *swoon*


"Pay the price. The heart of ye child to be liftin the curse. Dare ye risk it?"
 A time of terror, a time of hope?
When Mijo escaped from Madame Le Guillotine, and set sail to England, little did she know who her savior was, or what he would mean to her.
Theo was enchanted by his émigré, but knew what trouble they could be in. After dodging the French, revenue men and smugglers now they had their feelings to contend with.

                Passion was all well and good, as long as they could weather the storm it unleashed, and solve the curse.

                Compromised is a free read on Evernight, Are and Bookstrand... 


get it here

and Lord Suitor



A smuggler and an aristocrat. Who should Tessa chose?

Both professed their love for her, both intrigued her. How could she pick one over the other?

When Tessa was accosted by a smuggler her life took a turn for the better. Or so she thought. Until Nathaniel, Lord Fenniston indicated his interest in her. She had to marry to help her family, but her loyalties are torn. 

Either man could be the one, but how can she decide? Torn between them, Tessa must think hard and fast.

Luckily, fate has its own way of deciding, and Tessa had no option but to do as it dictates.


 Lord Suitor is reduced for a short while... The Evernight link is here


What do you reckon? What's your favorite euphemism?

Happy reading,

Love R x


No comments:

Post a Comment