Thursday 29 November 2012

Where I pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming

Seriously, as we roll into December, I have to stop and think...you what? This is me, books out...lots of books.

Less than two years ago, I had two terrible M/S under my belt, both written years earlier, and an abysmal first chapter for a competition, where as I have often said I wrote as I thought I should, not as I could. All quite rightly rejected.

Then I did write as I could, and it was me! My voice.

Luckily editors seemed to like my voice, and just over a year ago my first story was published.

It hasn't all been plain sailing, not by any means, but I can happily say, ohh I'm over the moon.

I've been privileged to have great editors and publishers (well re pubs 2 out of 3 are; one we won't mention) and lots of fabulous encouragement from my crit group.

I've made friends (and no doubt some non friends) learned so much, and enjoyed almost all of it. It's been a very steep learning curve... I never knew how terrible my grammar was, or what a comma splice is. I do now!

Every baby step adds up and I've come a long way.

So now back to this next month. Rightly or wrongly, I seem to have Raven books en masse. Luckily we kick off today with a free read. Where There's A Will, available from Evernight Publishing. I re-read this hot m/m Regency short story and I was ohh, whew! lol
And the cover.... In fact I think my two favorite covers are out today and tomorrow ( 29th and 30th)

Because tomorrow The Best Man's Bridesmaid is released from Breathless Press. It's also Regency, but very, very, different. A lot sweeter, though someone did say the words Raven and Sweet do not go together! *whistles innocently* What do they mean?

It seems I've found my niche! Regency keeps drawing me in, even though I do still like writing contemporary romance, and will continue to do so. 

Anyway, enough of the ramblings. This is really a big thank you to all of you for reading, listening, commenting and supporting me.

I'm posting these two covers. If you'd be so kind to comment and say which you prefer, and why, I'll pick one person to receive an ebook of their choice from my back list. That way you'll get to see all the other great covers.

So here we are ....



(cover artist Sour Cherry Designs)

and



(cover artist Victoria Miller)


However if you have another cover you prefer, let me know...and why!

Happy reading
Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment