Friday 14 October 2011

Nine for The Weekend-welcomes Karina Buchanan

Todays naughty nine are answered for us by Karina Buchanan... I dragged her out of editing cave and demanded answers!


This week's naughty nine, have a Irish twist.
Welcome Karina Buchanan to Raven's Nine for the Weekend. Glad you could drop by.
Thanks for having me.

Q We'll get this one over first, tell us a little bit about yourself.
A By day I'm a mild-mannered stay at home mum, by night I'm a lusty author of dirty books (Well that's what DH calls it!)

Q Thanks, now we can probe a bit more. What are you writing at the moment? Going to share any of it with us? (I know thats really two questions, but hey we will call it a and b)
A I'm working on so many things at the minute my head's spinning! I'm full speed ahead on edits for my debut novel, 'Daring to Love', which is out with Breathless Press on 6th January. I have just had my time-travelling, Ancient Egyptian erotic novella accepted and I'm in the process of editing my part of our writing group's special project ;) Oh, and I've written the first chapter of my new medical romance. I think I need a lie down!

Q How long have you been writing?
A My dad still has a book I wrote when I was about seven or eight, so pretty much most of my life. I've had a few short stories published in the past but it's really been these past two years where I've treated writing seriously and put a concentrated effort into it. I've learned so much from my wonderful CPs who have helped me grow as a writer and realized my dream of getting published.

Q What is your favorite genre? To write or read.
A Any form of romance. I like anything from old-fashioned love stories to Raven's hot and steamy erotica, so long as there's a happy ending. I hate reading anything that leaves me sad by the end of the book.

Q Where do you prefer to write? What do you wear? And eat? (OK, I know this is cheating as well, but we need all the gen in our naughty nine)
A I'm generally very good to myself when I'm writing and DH isn't allowed a say in it because 'I'm working!' I do most of my writing, curled up on the bed and will wear anything that feels comfortable. Usually my writing process will involve a cup of tea and a bar of chocolate. Very sexy! Although, I have to say DH has developed 'a thing' for the new glasses I have to wear now ;)

Q So three things you love
A This is an easy one. First, of course is family – my hubby and two sons who drive me nuts but I couldn't be without. Second, without a doubt is UCW. The lovely ladies of my writing group have been a big part of my life for a year now and I can't imagine being without them. So no throwing me out guys or I will hunt you down :D And last but not least, chocolate. Heh heh, I know it's sad but it is my very lifeblood and I doubt much writing would get done without a ton of the stuff.

Q Three you don't
A The calorie content in a bar of chocolate. It's just not fair  
The fact that I'm computer illiterate. Not a good thing in the writing business these days.
And housework, the bane of all writers.

Q Three things you would like to happen in the next three years? Feel free to add to the three things you don't,
A I'm going to be totally selfish here and make this all about me
I want my first book to get rave reviews and spur me on to keep going.
I'm determined that one day I will be able to walk into a shop and see my books lining the shelves. 
And of course, be earning enough money through something I love to support my family. That's not too much to ask is it? Lol

That's it painless eh? Thanks for dropping by and giving us a peek into your life. Feel free to add any links to blogs websites etc so we can all find out what you are up to.
@karinabuchanan1 on Twitter



5 comments:

  1. *waves to Karina*

    Great post, am so with you on the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, bed, tea and chocloate! You are sooo my kinda woman! (In a friend way LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doris, Sukhi

    What can I say, I'm a sophisticated lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeerrrrr where is the mention of Coffee!! Great post and i love your writing fashion very similar to mine! :D

    ReplyDelete