Sunday 1 October 2023

Not Food for the mouth but...

 Food for thought...

This was going to be once more a post about amazing gluten free fish and chips. This time from Deep Blue in Brandesburton, East Yorkshire. 

(source, pinterest.)
 ~I ate mine~

Best I've ever had, and that includes those from the fish and chip shop voted best in Britain. (Sorry to them)

But then I noticed one  of my old (not in age) editors celebrating how many years she'd been doing the job and it brought me up short.

 How often does anyone who is not an author realise just how important those people are?

Our editors are our extra eyes and ears. They are an extension of how our minds work. They can see what we mean and more importantly what we do not mean. Save our sanity, (or story)

I might not speak for everyone, but I wouldn't feel happy putting a book out without it being edited. Properly edited. I'm not bad at grammar, but not always au fait on what's needed. And when I've written something, and I read it over, I 'read' what I know should be there and not necessarily is.

That's when my editors come in.

(source pinterest)

Now, in general, I've been incredibly lucky with each and every editor I've had. There's only been one who I didn't get on with. The one who told me if I wanted E in Scottish  whisky it would be seen as a typo. Anyone whose read any of my blogs know why that is a big no no for Scotch.  She then told me if I insisted to use the UK spelling (er what???) then I shouldn't write for a non-UK publisher!

(rant over)

Luckily My publisher didn't agree.

And I changed editors. 

Of course, over the years there has been quite a few and I'm not going to name names. In case I miss anyone.

But to each and every person, whose name is in in one of my books, as 'editor', thank you.

You are one of the reasons I keep on writing.


(Source, pinterest)

You, my readers are the other.

Happy Reading,

love Raven xxx   


No comments:

Post a Comment