Sunday 8 January 2023

The sun is shining and I am doing edits

 My lurgy is down to an odd sneeze and a ticklish cough now and then. 

*Glancing around and hope I haven't jinxed it* 

The sun is shining (fingers crossed no jinxing there, either)

I'm doing edits for the next Cassie O'Brien and Raven McAllan book. The last one in our Scots and the Sassenachs series. Though never say never about more books in the future. We have ideas.

The Duke's Lost Love is all about Nathan and Evanna, both who we meet in the first two books. It's set both sides of the border and hopefully ties in any loose ends from the other two couples love stories. As well as theirs of course.



It's great fun writing with someone else, especially someone whose ideas mesh with your own.  We each have our strengths and weakness and luckily it works out very well. We can pick up from each other, fill in the gaps and amiably argue if need be. Which to be honest is a rare occurrence. (Unless it's over the merits of gin or vodka.)

Of course we both work on our own work as well. I'm writing the last book in my romcom series, Happy Ever After at Romansa Castle. 


(source, pinterest)

The Fix Up is out, The Catch Up is available to preorder on Feb 14th, and the third book, The Match Up will be out later in the year. That's the one I'm working on. It's such fun to write, my lovely husband wanted to know why I was typing and sniggering. (It was something I remember being told years ago, about the comparisons between a man's index finger and a certain part of his anatomy. I was debating whether my heroine was going to hit the hero with it...the jury is out on that, at the moment!

I'm getting into the story, and hope when it is finished it works.

Apart from that ( and the odd hack and sneeze) life goes on petty much as you expect in January. The weather can't make it's mind up what to do, I have notes I hope I can read, for a Regency and a sort of an idea for a contemp, and another romcom.

Plus, I really need to get round to reissuing my Katy Lilley, Devon Trilogy. And my YA series as J Lilly. I've written the final book which has never seen the light of day, and for those people who read the original series i'd love them to know just how Struan the baddie ends up.

However all that is for the future. First off I need to finish the m/s I'm writing.

so I better get back to writing it,

happy reading,

love, Raven xxx

(all books mentioned can be found on Amazon)


No comments:

Post a Comment