Sunday 22 January 2023

Frosty outside and warm in...lucky me.

 A couple of years ago I'd be looking out at a cold and frosty or snowy garden and have almost as many clothes on inside as I'd need outside.

Okay it was Scotland but even though we had double glazing, our house was shall we say, not exactly roasting hot—or even mildly hot. Warm eventually if the wind was in the right direction and the fire going full blast, and yes we had central heating. When they lived at home (and visited in winter) our children argued over who got to warm their bums on the Aga. Even in their twenties!

It took ages to get the place warm. Gorgeous on a nice day, chilly (understatement) most other times.

A couple of years ago we moved to near the Yorkshire coast, in England. To a new house. With superb insulation. Oh the difference. I haven't worn any of the thick as in t...h...i...c...k clothes since we moved. and today it says it was -5c when I got up. Not cold to a lot of you, (and it's gone up to -2c) but for this part of the country? That's cold. The ground is white over, the pond almost frozen except for a tiny bit where the fountain is bravely carrying on.


And me, inside?  Warm as toast and not a fleecy jumper in sight.

I know I'm lucky, and I can't help thinking of those poor people who live outside, or who can't heat their homes. Which is why I do my bit to help when I can.

Today though? I'm cracking on with my WIP,  catching up with the washing, and counting my blessings.

Wherever you are, I hope you have a good day, and if you can,

happy reading,

love, Raven xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment