Sunday 18 August 2024

Snacks, support and shelving the story

 Three things I've thought a lot about these past weeks.

Why?

Three reasons.

Not being as hungry as usual. 

Not being as mobile as I usually am.

Not 'feeling' the story is on the right track.


But then there is this...

I realise how lucky I am to know that for every reason I have a positive conclusion. Or a least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.


At the moment, I can see all three things are, up to a point, intertwined.

Snacks...The snacks are important to the other two reasons.

I took a while to regain my appetite after my op. I like snacking while I write.

I couldn't have snacked without support from the lovely husband feeding me what I fancied.







Don't judge me. It worked.

And friends...

Support both from the lovely dh... and from friends.  Some who who are no longer with us


But who I can still 'hear' nagging me, cuddling me and egging me on


And those friends both home and away, who chat, help, are truthful honest and caring. You all know who you are. you are honest and tell me what's needed, not what I want to hear. you support me.


Even if it is 'yes, delete it'



That's when I shelve the book for a various number of reasons...
Too long/boring/floundering, and I can't get into the ending.
And then, once I know my three s' are in line, I can carry on. Eat properly, use the support wisely, and know i've shelved the story until I feel it might be worth looking over again.

Happy whatever,

Thanks for being here,

love Raven xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment