Sunday 26 November 2023

I love the festive season...

 In December...

(source: Pinterest)

(yes I know we're not there yet but...)

When I was a child, many moons ago we never put our tree up until after my birthday. I'm a Sagittarius. So, December started, then it was my birthday then let's get ready for Christmas. 


I loved it.

It made the whole month seem magical. Full of love, fun and surprises.

The downside of course was if there was what we called a big present I really yearned for, and my parents could afford it, I got it as a joint present.

Don't get me wrong, I was very happy in that I was lucky enough to be gifted a bike or something, but I had to wait until Christmas day for it. Half of which was my birthday present.

Not easy for a five year old!

However, I was fortunate. There was always something to open on my actual birthday, and it was far enough away from Christmas day not to always get one joint present. 

Does that mean I was mercenary? I don't think so. We're not talking lots of expensive stuff here, just the sheer excitement of ripping off wrapping paper to discover what it was hiding.

(Let's be honest, I still get that same thrill)

These days though, the festive season seems to start earlier and go on later.

I put my tree up in December, but before my birthday now. I still have a session of Christmas music playing, present wrapping and a glass of wine as I snip and cut. I still forget someone's present and have to hunt for it in the back of the wardrobe! I srill like the ritual of putting presents out and wondering what Santa will bring.

Yeah, a kid at heart.

But not in November. Call me Ms Bah Humbug, but I enjoy the anticipation of  ohhh soon it will be December and I'll be able to start my advent calendar, we can go and choose a tree, put up the decorations ad play Christmas songs until we're sick of them...

(NB that will be never)

So I'm counting down the days and getting ready...

how about you?

Happy reading,

love Raven xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment