Sunday 30 July 2023

Why I wish I could remember...

The story I started in my head, when I was trying to get back to sleep in the middle of the night.


It's a sad fact, but a true one, that when you reach a certain age you often wake in the night. (Well, I do anyway.) Which then means you need to use the facilities. Yes that a coy way of putting it, but I don't want to upset anyone.

The upshot of which is, of course, when I get back into bed I'm more awake than when you got out of it. My mind then goes into plotting mode. I can write a full book in my head, dialogue and all. 'See' the setting, know the ins and outs of the characters and their quirks and be generally happy with a full 'written' however many words story.

Then I fall asleep.


Which means, no notes, no bullet points and often not much memory of what I had been convinced was a great story. Yes, maybe I aught to have a notebook and pen, or type it briefly, but that would mean waking up even more, and probably waking up my other half as well... So of course I am convinced I will remember it all.

Arghhhh


Faint hope.

But last night, I plotted my contemporary Christmas story, and yay, happy dance. I can remember it. Even down to the names and hair colour. Okay not the eyes but you can't have anything. 

Now to make notes as I drink my coffee, sort out some photos of the area it's set in and get stuck in. And hope it's as good as I thought it was in the wee small hours.


Happy reading,

love, Raven xxx

(All pics, except the last, Pinterest. The last is my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment