Sunday 9 July 2023

A what?

 Morning...or whatever time of your day you are reading this/lining the budgie's cage or going 'oh not her again'...

I've just been lucky enough to spend a fabulous time in Canada and Oregon.


We of course did too much but wanted to get a flavour for the places. And learn things about where we were.

For instance did you know the original Pronto Pup came from Rockaway Beach in Oregon?

Nor did we. Nor did we know what a Pronto Pup was. We sort of know now. A corn dog ( they were new to us until our last visit to the USA) but with pancake batter or flour instead of corn batter. Sort of. Maybe. They weren't gluten free so I didn't try one. And the shop was closed the days we were there!


(Source Pronto Pup/Rockaway Beach info)

Or that people queue outside the original Starbucks in Seattle?



I learned that there are a million (okay a thousand or...ten) ways to ask where the bathroom, washroom, restroom, loo etc is. As I mentioned recently).

That there is a sign as you leave Jasper in Canada reminding (or in our case, telling us) that you were entering a new time-zone.
And the glaciers are amazing.


That the sunshine coast near Vancouver might not always have sunshine but it is stunning

That after three ferries in four days and then four in seven I was 'ferried out'.

We didn't see any bears, moose, elk, or coyote.

But there were lots of squirrels and this cheeky chipmunk.

I'd been told and read how long the freight trains in Canada were but they have to be seen to really understand that!

I learned how the weather can change. We went to Lake Maligne near Jasper in beautiful sunshine and then a few days later I read snow had closed the road into the area and people were stranded!

We saw stunning scenery, met great people, and want to go back. 



That  English is a lot more complicated that I ever realised.
and Scotch Whisky does not have an E in it, and I still get annoyed when someone says it does!

That apart, I now need to get into the writing rather than sightseeing mood

Happy Reading,

love, Raven xx


No comments:

Post a Comment