Sunday 5 March 2023

When you stall at the 45K mark

I don't mean running (heaven help me), walking or driving a car. I mean in the middle of the current WIP.

Just like I'm doing at the moment

My muse has gone awol...


I wish I knew why, and really wish the darned thing would hurry back and get moving—or should that be musing? I've reread what I've written, think it works ( but who can tell) and know the end. Sort of. But the next 30-ish K? 

*Cue hysterical laughter*


The one good ( bad?) thing about it, is I know I'm not alone in this phenomenon, it appears a lot of writers hit it somewhere. When we'd all prefer to be doing this...

or this


but instead we need to do this



I've given myself a stern talking to and decided not to worry too much. Okay, I might need to go cap in hand to my publisher and ask for a couple of weeks grace before I hand my WIP over. I'll be pushed to reach the end by te date I thought I would. But, the more I worry the less gets written. So i'm off for a walk, a coffee and a chat. And if I want to, read a book by someone else in a totally different genre.

Chill... (probably in more ways than one at the moment)

Think about something else. ( the next book more than likely)

Make notes.

Even write the ending as I think it should be. Then fill in the bits before it.

But try not to fret.

Wish me luck,

Happy Reading,

love Raven xx

All pictures/photos, sourced via pinterest

 

No comments:

Post a Comment