Sunday 19 March 2023

Thoughts on sun, snow and other bits and bobs

I'm no lover of snow. 

Actually, that's not quite correct. I don't mind looking at it if I'm warm and snug indoors and I have no need to go out in it. 


Otherwise, no thank you. I'd be happy not to have to cope with ice and slush as the snow melts as well. Ideally, it could snow one day, when I could admire it from inside, and then melt overnight while I was asleep.

 As that isn't likely to happen, I'll go for sun and warmth anytime.


Which I try to aim for as often as possible.


When my lovely husband retired we decided we would travel whilst we were still fit and able (and could afford it). We both knew the time would come when we either couldn't or didn't want to fly, go on a boat, through the channel tunnel or drive too far.  

When we'd be content to stay at home and visit the local seaside or town. Take our walks locally. Which we do enjoy as well. Plus we are both conscious of emissions and global warning.

However, we've enjoyed visiting other places over the years. Some a return visit, some for the first time. 



And we do know how lucky we are.


We also seem to have done quite well in missing some of the rotten winter weather in the UK over the years. As far as I'm concerned, long may it stay that way.


In case anyone wonders, I take my laptop everywhere. (not into the loo or the bath, but on my travels.) I've sat on  a pile of towels on more bathroom floors than I care to remember, typing away while The Lovely Husband (TLH) slept. I've typed on planes, boats and trains. In gardens and wherever I can.  

(source pinterest)

On one plane trip, I went to get a drink and when I got back to my seat, there was someone reading what I'd just written. I said excuse me, he thought I wanted to get past. I indicated it was my seat. He went away. I enjoyed my fizz.

A while later one of the cabin crew told me the guy wanted to know what happened next! I gave her a business card with my website on it, said when the book would be out.
Six months later I got a message. 
He enjoyed the story!

And now on that note, back to the current WIP,

Happy reading,

love Raven xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment