Sunday 2 April 2023

When you know it's time to press the delete button...or do you?

 This week my fingers have been hovering over the delete button on many an occasion. Hovered, but only pressed for one paragraph where I'd repeated myself and some typos.


(all pics, source, pinterest)

Why?

I'm at the stage of trying to finish a book and it's not playing game. Oh the story could end where it is but I'd feel cheated of this extra chapter it needs. It's a sort of coming together, but it's the chapter before the last one.

Unusually for me, I've written the last chapter already and don't want to delete it.

Although the fingers hovered.

It made me wonder why. 

I reread the book and forced myself not to say this is pants, that's rubbish and do a wholesale get rid of these x amount of words. Wait until I've really finished it. Read it again and then decide what's rubbish. It's time like this I'm glad of people who will read my work over critically, tell me what's wrong and then, well it's up to me.

Sometimes I already know what they will say, i just need it verified. Other times what the suggest is something I'd never even thought of. I don't always agree, but often or not, that's when not only does the delete button get used but a lot of words are added.


So today, will be brought to you by the sound of typing, cussing and slurping of coffee. Probably so will the next two days as well, with a few damn, delete delete, mutters added in.

Then with a bit of luck, I can crack open my 'whew time to send this off' fizz, sit back and relax. 


And plot the next story.




Happy reading,

Love, Raven xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment