Monday 9 December 2013

Meet Jamie, with love from Jorja

The Department Store – Four floors of steamy romance
Book One - Ground Floor: Toys & Games
Thanks for having me here today to share my new release. I've always found something romantic about those old department stores and I'm having so much fun writing this series. Each book will focus on one floor Kelsey's store and the hot encounters between staff and customer. As Toys & Games suggests, book one is the tale of one couple having a little fun outside working hours…



Blurb

Jen is the new girl in the toy store but it's not long before the boss' son Jamie teaches her how to play.

Recently bereaved, Jen White hopes her new job in the toy shop at Kelsey's Department Store is a fresh start. One ripped pair of stockings later, she catches the eye of the boss' son, Jamie. She's not looking to replace her partner but he soon makes her realise she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life celibate. And die a virgin.

Jamie Kelsey's a screw up. Well his father still thinks so, even after he's tried to make amends for losing the family's fortune. The store's in trouble but with his father still stuck in the dark ages and refusing his help, he's worried it's too late. With a little help from their newest employee, he starts to make his mark on the store. He's sworn off women to concentrate on his career but when Jen comes to him looking to further her sexual education, it's an offer he can't refuse.



Excerpt

“Where are you taking me?” Jen pulled on her coat over her uniform. She wasn’t sure where Jamie usually dined but she was certain she wasn’t dressed for the occasion.
“Okay, I lied. We’re not going out to lunch. I hope you’re not too hungry.” He grabbed her hand and whisked her out onto the streets of the city centre.
Jen’s stomach rumbled in defiance, but in this instance she’d rather sate her curiosity than her appetite. “I can wait, but what’s so important?”
“Something you said got me thinking. There’s only so much I can teach you. Some things, well, you’ll just have to discover for yourself. I’m taking you to Gresham Street.”
“Gresham Street? Where all the sex shops are?” Her voice dropped to an embarrassed whisper as they moved through the throng of shoppers and tourists towards the seedier end of town.
“Yeah. You’re under no obligation to wear a long mac and sunglasses, I just thought you might like to have a look around.”
The closer they got to the gaudy shop windows, the more she felt like a young innocent being led into a den of vice. She was so out of her depth.
The door chimed as they walked in, but the inside of the premises was more inviting than the closed shutters and neon lights outside suggested. She’d expected some dark, dingy backstreet dive crawling with furtive middle aged men. Instead, she found a normal shop whose customers were ordinary young couples and groups of girls having a giggle.
“See? You didn’t set off their newbie alarm after all.” Jamie grinned, and taking her by the hand, led her over to the mannequins modelling their range of sexy lingerie.
“I wouldn’t mind splashing out on some new underwear.” The pretty, flowery sets she wore no longer reflected her mood. She wanted something bold, something daring to show off to her lover.
“I wouldn’t mind splashing out on these.” Jamie held up a pair of crotchless black panties.
“They’re not very practical.” Jen ignored the innuendo to search through the rails of lace and silk.
“Oh, I don’t know. I think I would find them very handy.” He twanged the black string underwear but she didn’t bite.
“What about these? Which one do you prefer?” She picked out a red lace plunge bra and a padded leopard print one, holding each one to her chest in turn.
“I like them both.” Jamie snatched them off her and stuffed them into her basket along with the matching thongs. She was on the right track at least.
They moved on past the rainbow of coloured dildos and strap-ons. One penis at a time was plenty for her. She paused at the bondage and fetish section and cocked her head at some of the oddly shaped black rubber, wondering which orifice they were intended for.
“I think that’s a bit far out for even me.” Jamie zipped the mouth closed on a gimp mask and walked away.
“What about embracing your inner Dom?” Jen flicked the end of a leather flogger at his backside.
“I might be an arsehole but I like my bed partners to know their own mind. Besides, something tells me you wouldn’t make the perfect submissive either.” He grabbed the leather strands and yanked her towards him for a kiss.
“But that means you get to spank me for misbehaving,” she said with a twinkle in her eye.
“Okay, we’ll take it.” He tossed it in the basket. “Along with one of these.” And added a double sided paddle to the purchases.
She bypassed the nipple clamps, quite happy for Jamie to do her tweaking for her, and hovered by the display of tubes and lubes.
“Mint or strawberry?” They both promised extra pleasure.
Jamie arched an eyebrow at her.
“I know, I know. Both. This is adding up to one expensive lunch break, Mr Kelsey.” Fun didn’t come cheap. Well, the experimental kind at least.
“If I can’t spend my cash on sex toys and lube what can I spend it on?” 


Available Now from Totally Bound

Author Bio:
Jorja Lovett is a British author with both Irish and Scottish roots, which makes for a very dry sense of humour. Writing since she was old enough to wield a pen, it wasn't until she joined her crit group, UCW, that she pursued her passion seriously.
Now, with Joe Manganiello as her permanent muse, if she can leave the pause button on her Magic Mike dvd long enough, she hopes to spend the rest of her days writing steamy romances.


Author Links: Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Website


1 comment: