Saturday 7 December 2013

I read and I like with Doris


I finally pinned her down to chat. Well I threatened more chocolate to my grandson, (and believe me he'd eat it)




Hello everyone, you may or may not know this about Raven, but, I tell you, she can nag with the best of them. Apparently I'd said I would participate in her read and write feature…

I say, apparently, because for the life of me, I cannot remember agreeing to this at all. No doubt she asked me when I was knee deep in a story and just made appropriate yeah… yeah noises.
see my comment above... and yes she was busy...hahaha
Whaaaaat?
I'm a writer, I'm allowed, you know. At least, my family are well used to my vacant responses. I live up to my hair colour at the best of times, but never more so than when I'm in the middle of a story—be that writing one or indeed reading one.
I was a reader a long time before I became a writer. As a child I devoured all of Enid Blyton's books, and in my spare time I was always in the library. It was the most favourite place to be. As an only child, and a painfully shy one at that, I had to make my own entertainment. Books became my firm friends. When you can read, you're never lonely.
I went on so many adventures as a child and teenager, and my overactive imagination made me act those out in my bedroom. When I wasn't reading, I was daydreaming writing stories in my head.
When I was about nine my step mother gave me the first book in the Winnetou series by Karl May and I was hooked. I read and re-read those books until they fell to pieces.
When I was a teenager and on one of many school trips, a good friend had her nose stuck in an extremely thick book, called, Gone With The Wind. She shared bits and intrigued, I promptly traipsed to the library and borrowed their copy and boom. My obsession with the aforementioned series was nothing compared to my obsession with this book. Rhett Butler was the first literary hero I ever fell in love with.



I still swoon a little, especially with Clark Gable as the visual.
*sighs*
That was the beginning of the end for me really. I was hooked on romance, and I've been reading it almost exclusively for the last thirty+ years. My tastes have evolved somewhat. From the old M&B stories to the newer versions, and eventually Erotic Romance and Erotica. Para, contemp, sci-fi, I'll read it all, as long it's romance. The hotter the better (though I do enjoy the odd sweet romance) and preferably BDSM, though that's not essential.
What I do want to read in a book is a strong heroine with a hot Alpha hero or heroes. He/they need to be dominant, swoon worthy, talk dirty, but also be honourable and true to the heroine. Make him a bad boy, a Dom, or a shifter or *swoons* all three, and you've got my attention. And whilst I enjoy the odd truly smutty story, please give me a plot. I need a love story with the hot sex, and a HEA that leaves me with a big soppy grin on my face.
Not too much to ask is it?
*grins*
*****
Glutton for punishment would be a good description for Doris... at least that's what she hears on an almost daily basis when people find out that she has a brood of nine children, ranging from adult to toddler and lives happily in a far too small house, cluttered with children, pets, dust bunnies, and one very understanding and supportive husband. Domestic goddess she is not.
There is always something better to do after all, like working on the latest manuscript and trying not to scare the locals even more than usual by talking out loud to the voices in her head. Her characters tend to be pretty insistent to get their stories told, and you will find Doris burning the midnight oil on a regular basis. Only time to get any peace and quiet and besides, sleep is for wimps.
She likes to spin sensual, sassy, and sexy tales involving alpha heroes to die for, and heroines who give as good as they get. From contemporary to paranormal, BDSM to F/F, and Ménage, haunting love stories are guaranteed.
Stalking Links






No comments:

Post a Comment