Thursday 6 December 2012

The Captain's Christmas... want to know about it?...

Leona has rushed in... I've persuaded her to sit down, have a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie, and tell us all about her intriging book, The Captain's Christmas... so...

She takes a sip of wine and smiles, then...

 While on a rescue mission, Faraway must save her ship from pirates before they destroy her Christmas. Captain Faraway Hastings sets off on what she thinks is a regular rescue mission, even if it did have the bad timing to be on Christmas. Disparate reports from the medical officer and captain of the downed ship cause her to look more closely at the situation. Ethan Roarke, lieutenant commander and chief medical officer, is frustrated with the time it's taking for help to come. When he learns that his captain has neglected to inform their rescuers of the dire straits his people are in, he's angry and concerned. But worse, his loyalties are now torn between his captain who lied and the one trying to save them. When Fara and Ethan meet, the attraction is immediate and strong despite the circumstances. But can Fara and Ethan discover the pirates hidden amongst them before they kill everyone on the ship? Or are they doomed to miss out on their chance of a Merry Christmas? 




 Wow so I stared at her—and this ohhh cover— until she giggled and gave me this great excerpt... 

 "I assure you, my people can count. And the tally with the last group waiting below is," she pushed some buttons on her wrist unit. "Seven hundred twenty eight men, women, and children. Would you like the breakdown?" "I'm telling you. I have a complete list of our manifest here, and there are less than six hundred people, sir." They stared at each other. "Well," she said after a beat of silence. "It seems we have ourselves some stowaways. Possibly—likely—dangerous ones." "The other ship. I didn't think about it, but there were two main directions that the largest groups came from. That means," he stopped and looked to see if she'd had the same thought. "That means, Lieutenant Commander Medical Officer Ethan Roarke, that as I'd suspected before landing my first shuttle there, the enemy is amongst us." "Why would they do that? Why would my captain not tell me or you?" "You know him better than I, but my take is he's trying to protect us. That, in his opinion, telling us would put us in more danger than not knowing. I happen to disagree. Knowledge is power in my experience." "And mine," he replied. "It's not like him to withhold this type of information from me. He'd normally want me to be apprised so I can adequately prepare my medical team for the right kind of injuries. Have you asked the first officer?" "No. I will do so once everyone's on board." "He's in sickbay from injuries during the walk." "Thank you for the information. In the meantime, keep your eyes and ears open. It goes without saying that I don't like having an enemy on my ship." "Any more than I like that my captain may be responsible for allowing it to happen." Somehow, during the last part of their conversation, their voices had become quieter, as if they were afraid of being overheard. He'd placed himself so they were practically touching by the last word. When she said ship, a puff of air had landed on his lips. Their closeness made the tone of his response sound intimate as he dropped his volume in reaction to her closeness. "I don't like hotheaded medics," she whispered. "And I don't like pushy, bossy captains," he replied just as softly. "Then you're going to hate me," she said and kissed him. I love this, You've intrigued me for sure. 

Now Christmas?

 Oh yes... Christmas is my favorite time of year and I'm ecstatic to have my own Christmas story. That it's a sci-fi is a major bonus. I think that Christmas will last, under whatever name, as long as there are humans looking for a better life, for peace. I hope the season of goodwill is passed on through you and you all enjoy your holidays. Take a look at The Captain's Christmas and enjoy your trip through the stars. Happy Holidays! 

Leona Bushman lives in Eastern Washington with her husband and children writing, painting, gardening, running, camping, or just reading or crafting. She also loves to swim but rarely gets a chance to as she's busy chasing after the three of five children still left at home. Sassy and saucy, she can be found writing about her trials and errors as a mom and writer at the following places: 


Blog: http://lbushman.blogspot.com The website: http://www.leonajbushman.com 

And don't forget Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLeonaBushman 

Books currently out with Breathless Press: The Ulfric's Mate http://www.breathlesspress.com/ulfrics-mate Book 1 in The War of the Weres series Ravaged anthology 

http://www.breathlesspress.com/ravaged introduces the werebears and couple new characters to The War of the Weres series Rick Sexed Up the Doc (Naughty Nursery Rhyme) http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?

main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=12&products_id=394 If you want more of her, she's found on twitter as often as not at @L_Bushman just follow and don't be a spammer. She follows back if you look like a real person. Besides werewolves, she also likes zombies, vampires, dragons, and fairies. You're likely to catch her attention if you talk to her about any of the above. Or sports. She loves sports but rarely gets a chance to indulge that love. So speak up! Disclaimer: Watch out, she bites :D http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=10&products_id=404 http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=129

She's waved and running again.. now I just need to read...

3 comments: