Sunday 4 June 2023

I've had a week off and loved it...

Some of you (I hope) might have noticed there was no blog last week. I hadn't gone fishing but I made a deliberate decision to take a week of and think. No adulting (that's a dream that wasn't realised but hey ho.) Not that I've done a lot of much, but I have been sightseeing, chatting, reading and generally chilling. Oh and of course, smelling the coffee.

The most I've written is a shopping list and a two postcards.


Now I'm ready to start writing again. I'm not sure what and I'm not sure where whatever I'm going to write will go, but I've got itchy fingers. That's a good sign.

But when I've got a view like this it gives me some fabulous ideas.


From that you might gather that last week I wasn't at home. This is Lake Scugog in Ontario, Canada where the lovely husband and I were. We visited our son and his partner and it was brilliant. They looked after us so well, and showed us around. 

It was strange not to have edits, or deadlines to think or stress about, but it did me the world of good. Then I remembered I have a book out in ten days and had a mini freak out.

The Renaissance of Baird Drummond is the last book in my Castle on the Loch series and is set Scotland and Wanaka in New Zealand, another place we loved when we visited just before covid. We got home 10 days before lock down... a bit of a fraught flight home I can tell you.

Anyway, Wanaka gave me the idea for this series, especially That Wanaka Tree.

Baird Drummond is the only one who can help his ancestors correct  wrong doings after Culloden.

It seems that a visit to Wanaka might just be the answer, but is Baird prepared for all the obstacles put in his way? And meet the person who might well be his one true love?

Only time will tell...

Full blurb and a chance to have a sneak peek on Totally Bound

 https://www.totallybound.com/book/the-renaissance-of-baird-drummond

Or Amazon.  https://amzn.to/3OPtXTy (uk)

https://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-Baird-Drummond-Castle-Loch-ebook/dp/B0BZFBKS91/ref=sr_1_1?crid=RUKR13U0O56B&keywords=Raven+McAllan&qid=1685880571&sprefix=raven+mcallan%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-1

Whatever you choose to read, I hope you enjoy it. Take time to smell the coffee

Love Raven xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment