Monday 4 June 2018

The Gluten Free Authors guide to goodies or not. It's a bit fishy...

I'm on a roll... (G-f of course) More goodies this week.



As my husband commented when I told him about this weeks guide... "you're a bit g-f fish and chips heavy these days." Then assured me he meant my blog posts not my weight. (Just as well or he'd be on lettuce all week.)

It's true though. It seems that places are now beginning to understand how a coeliac misses normal food. Like gluten free batter.

This last couple of weeks I've had a couple of beauties.

First off, I have to give a big shout out to The Forth Inn in Aberfoyle again.

Website here




(Picture from Forth Inn website)

Michael (head chef) and Val produce the best batter ever. Crisp, tasty and ohhh the fish... Melt in your mouth perfect. And big... lots of gorgeous crispy, crunchy batter. 
As lots of them menu is g-f friendly, I tell my self next time I'll eat something different. Then... Yeah, can't resist.

Mine you how embarrassing when they see your name in the bookings and know to make the batter. And crumble. I'm now drooling at the thought of cinnamon apple crumble. GF again. And of course I ate it before I took a picture. Actually the crumble was so big, I brought 3/4 home. I did go to take picture but it seems to have disappeared, apart from a tiny bit that looks sad. Husband's excuse was well after he's been to the dentist today he might not want it, so he thought he better eat some yesterday.

So instead of  pictures of the fish and crumble, here's one of Michael instead. Who came out of the kitchen mid service for this...



Thanks Michael, the food was as ever, superb.

In fact thanks to Lee and all the team. You do us proud every time.

I'm already planning the next visit.

Then there's the fish, chips, and mushy pea ciabatta I had at the Druid Inn, Birchover.  I did take a picture there. 




website here



(Pic Druid Inn website)

Fabulous setting in the heart of the Peak District. Friendly staff, great atmosphere and a lovely area to sit out in. I could have stayed all day, but with such good beers and husband driving, that wouldn't have been fair on him. He had a half and I indulged in a good glass of Sav Blanc.

And the ciabatta. In fact they say they can do any of their butties Gluten Free. Now tht is service.

I now fancy fish and chips.

So as an aside I'm just throwing in the Gluten Free sarnie at the Carriage House restaurant, at
Chatsworth House. Where I had to wait (willingly, oh so willingly) for them to clear down a prep area to be g-f and they offered to take a slice of cake out of a new unopened cake, in case the pieces on display had been cross 
contaminated. That is amazing, and perfect. 

(I'd eaten most of the sarnie and then thought, oops best take a pic)

Thank you Sandra Gudgeon and team

Happy Eating,

love Raven xx




No comments:

Post a Comment