Sunday 5 May 2024

To cardi or not to cardi

 That is the question.

What I really mean is are you in the 'yes, I love wearing cardigans' camp or the other, 'not in a million years, thank you,' one?

There's no right or wrong answer here. In fact you might even be someone who says, 'when I need to'. 

I'm definitely in the 'yes' camp.

There are so many different cardigans out there to choose from. Thick and chunky,


thin and comfy. Old, and new. Rarely worn, or almost had it.

I've got the lot.


Some are creased, some pristine, some are very rarely seen.

But I'd hate not to have a cardi for every occasion.





I take them on holiday, stuffed into an oversized tote, or tied around my neck. Wear them instead of a jumper and relish the fact I can put one on or take it off easily and, (very important at times) not mess my hair up.


I've cardigans I've had for year, old and bobby, 

but oh so comfortable, 

I'll wear them at home but never in public.




I've also got patterned ones which aren't as easy to fling on, because they don't look right with so many other patterns.


There's long ones, short ones and of course lots of in between length ones.

And this one, which every time I drag it out for a special occasion (usually Christmas) the lovely husband asks when I got it as he can't remember seeing it before (shows how rarely it gets worn.) 


I have great pleasure in telling him around 1995. (True) I do the smug, 'see I do keep stuff and look after it' expression, then frantically shove a good dozen or so of assorted knitwear to the back of the wardrobe!

I really must give my current heroine a wardrobe full of cardigans!

Bye for now, happy reading as I go to decide what cardi to wear,

Love Raven xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment