Wednesday 26 April 2017

#MidWeekTease With a man who wonders why him?


Hi all and welcome to another #MidWeekTease. I might be going on a bit, and if I am...oops, but I am so excited about this book which goes up for preorder next Tuesday.




The carriage turned the corner into Berkeley Square and Jamie stretched. “Lord, I ache.” The seats might be comfortable but he was taller than the norm and the edge caught his long legs in just the wrong place.
“Too much exercise?” In the pale light he saw Maria’s cheeky grin as she winked at him.
He laughed. “Sadly no, not enough. I boxed for the first time in months today. Jackson was most disgruntled with me. Told me all his hard work in the past had been for naught. I found muscles I’d forgotten I had.”
“Ah, but I didn’t mean that sort of sporting exercise,” Maria said. “And you know it.”
He tapped her cheek with his forefinger. Lord, she was persistent. “None of your business, but I will satisfy your curiosity…this time. No.”
“Between women?”
Jamie inclined his head. “Not a one who takes my fancy.”

“Good grief, is that a first?” She fluttered her eyelashes and giggled just like the young girl he had fallen in platonic love with all those years ago. “I must make a note of the date.”
“Cheeky brat.” He flicked her nose.
Maria batted his hand away and wrinkled her nose. “Ouch, you still deliver a sting when you do that.”
“Of course, there is no point otherwise. To refresh your memory, I never run more than one woman at once and you well know it.”
“Perhaps that’s all for the good if this goes to plan,” she said pensively as the carriage rattled to a halt. “It might not be credible otherwise.”
It seemed she had an answer for everything. Personally, Jamie didn’t think her strategy had a chance in hell of succeeding. Why would anyone think he would settle for a courtesan, however talented, when a goodly percentage of the married ladies of the ton, and a fair few maidens, were prepared to lie down and spread their legs for him?
“It might not be credible anyway,” Jamie warned her. “When have I ever visited a courtesan?”
“Ah, but you see, that is why it will work.” Maria stood as the carriage door swung open. Jamie exited and held his hand out to her. “Because it is not of the norm for either of you.” She alighted onto the flags at the bottom of the steps, which led to a large and imposing door.
“She visits a courtesan?” Jamie asked humorously. “Or not? Now I am both worried and intrigued.”



Catch all the other #MidWeekTease posts here

Happy reading,

love Raven x

7 comments:

  1. Now I'm intrigued too and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, at those last lines. Fabulous tease, Raven :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with the most delightful Regency situations, Raven. Yet another great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser and such an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete