Saturday 30 November 2013

I read and I like with SJ

Welcome to SJ Thomas to I read and I like Saturday





Hi Raven

Thanks for having me today.

Ever since I was a child I have loved to read. CS Lewis, Roald Dahl, Dick King Smith, all the classic childhood reads, and that love of reading has followed my into adulthood (though my four month old seems determined to stop me at the moment!).

There is nothing better than a book you can't put down – even if you're still awake at 3 in the morning because you have to read one more chapter! New worlds to explore, characters you love or love to hate and experiences you might never have in real life. For me it is the escape of reading that I love and this is reflected in the main genre I read (and write of course); paranormal romance.

So my bookcase and kindle is filled with vampires, werewolves, shifters, and demons – exciting and passionate and dangerous all at once.  From Bram Stocker's Dracula through to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, via the Lords of the Underworld and Immortals After Dark, I love them all. I might read the odd contemporary romance but for me it's the added edge that a paranormal world gives you that is so attractive.

After all, why just settle for an ordinary man when you can have a sexy vampire nibbling at your neck?

Bio

SJ Thomas writes sizzling paranormal romance and erotica and dabbles in dark paranormal horror. She lives in the South West of England with her wonderful husband, her daughter and a very spoilt Springer Spaniel.





1 comment: