Wednesday 20 July 2011

stuck in the middle with you??

Not quite, but with apologies to Steelers Wheel, it's a good hook. Really it should just say stuck. I've started my latest M/S. I love the ideas, have got the timeline plotted, the plot sorted, and it should be all systems go.

But it isn't, and I don't really know why.

I like my heros, think the heroine should be (maybe that's part of the problem.... 'should' not 'is'?) a feisty lady, and their story is to me, spot on. But I'm really struggling to get it as I want it.

Maybe that's also the problem. As I want it, not as they know it? I don't know about you, but my characters can, at times, tell me very forcibly, what they want, isn't what I want! And they win.

So perhaps, I'll just go with the flow for a while, and let them tell me their story, rather than me telling them!

Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say go with the flow. I never argue with my characters. I only end up with sleepless nights if I do. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I'm just doing that .... and oh really, i NEVER knew that, and sh right.... very interesting ...

    ReplyDelete